Wednesday, January 27, 2010

swimming 101

So I'm taking a new class.

Swimming 101.

I've been doing this activity for several months now. But all of a sudden it came with a coach, one I don't have to pay to teach me anything.
Oh, not that I don't pay.....I pay every time I swim, or workout. But paybacks of exercising are also awesome!
So this coach...same tall guy who was giving my dear friend Amy "private" swim lessons. Notice after "Tall", I didn't say something like hot, handsome, or something similar. I don't roll that way. Ok, well maybe, but not when it comes to the HUSBAND(S) of my best friend(s). HA HA. No doubt I can appreciate the fine qualities of those around me, but there is a time and a place. But unlike Amy, I cannot let these fine qualities get in the way, and distract me from the task at hand... (sorry Amy, I can only assume that you must have been distracted during your lessons the way you carried on about this guy!) ;)

Back to the task at hand!

LEarning the Front Crawl.

I know I know.

Amost 42 and can't do the Front Crawl you say? yep, that's me.

I can do the side stroke, breast stroke, back crawl, or stroke or whatever that is called. I have never been comfortable doing the front crawl. So here I am learning from this coach. He is very patient, helpful, and calm! I need that kind of coaching because I get panicky trying the breathing with this stroke, and that makes me want to stop.

Today I practiced more under supervision...and did the crawl from one end of the pool all the way to the other. Wow, that was good for ME. My coach said it's ok to just take it slow, and practice technique, don't worry about speed. AFter all, it's not like I am going to join some old ladies swim team! hahaha, wouldn't that be funny....?
Thanks so much Amy for sharing your swim coach with me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Jake and I were laughing our heads off!!! TOOO funny. Yes. He totally distracts me. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 67 and have never been comfortable doing that stroke either. Can do it but not good.
    But, unlike you, i'm sure i won't be taking any lessons. love you

    ReplyDelete