Saturday, January 16, 2010

I thought this past month would be long...a good long visit with my baby girl, home from college for the holidays.
I was wrong. This past month has sped by, right in front of me as if I was not looking. Was I looking? And if I was, what was I looking for? My long gone baby?...she is there in those eyes, that smile, the giggles. But in all other aspects my girl has grown. She is no longer a baby, or a toddler, or even a pre-teen.

It was a short visit, yet almost 4 weeks long. When your sleeping habits don't mesh with your grown kids sleep habits anymore, it makes visits more difficult. You, ok...I am up early, busy from the get go, ready to do things, hang out, go places. She is busy sleeping late. None-the-less we had a good visit, saw a few movies, ate more than our fair share of popcorn. Now we count down the semester and anxiously await summer vacation!!

1 comment:

  1. aww so cute!! so glad you enjoyed the visit. auntie cherished those my first year or two away..hehe

    ReplyDelete