Sunday, February 21, 2010

Starting all over~

After being home alone with my three yr old son for two weeks, my John is back home! That's great. It's really good to see him.
We missed him.
For what may or may not be obvious reasons.
We also missed him for other reasons.
Damon ~ for want of a break from his old mom, who after days and days of crappy weather gets tired and cranky.
Me~the crappy weather and lack of exercise led to feelings of aloneness, and desperation. Feeling that my journey to weight loss and triathlon training had ended. Working out at home is a good thing, and I would be the first to encourage it~~~under most circumstances.
But my circumstances are not what they used to be.
Our son is older, and wilder than ever. It is difficult to get in even a 12 minute mile on my walking video without major interruptions. Interruptions mentioned in my previous blog.
I was on a roll before my John left and all of a sudden it came to a screeching halt!
FINALLY~ he is home, and while I whined and moaned the whole two weeks he was gone that he needed to get home so I could return to the gym where I belonged in the wee hours of morning....
I now find I have gone into "Winter Sleep" mode and the thought of getting back out there is daunting.
I will, don't doubt it.
I have to!
Deep deep deep down I WANT to, Somewhere....let me spend the day finding that desire deep down somewhere.
Until tomorrow I am enjoying cookies and dreaming of ice cream.
Tomorrow is my Second start. Or it's probably more like my 100th start in the past however many years.
But since beginning my recent journey with my dear friend Amy, before the holidays, this will only be my second start.
Have to get back my enthusiasm, and regain some mental health before my John leaves again In March!
Oh it's too soon to think about THAT trip.
Health and wellness to all........

2 comments:

  1. Do you need an intervention? Or do you even know what i'm talking about? lol.
    hang in there. love you.

    ReplyDelete