Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I See how it is....

Day 10 of my hubby being gone. It's nothing really, compared to those with husbands on patrol boats. Their husbands are gone months at a time. However, I am still not so happy with my current situation.
Example:
trying to workout....
Mile 1...........

3 minutes in; Damon is ripping through the house with his monster truck on the tail of some dog who lives here.

5 minutes in; Damon starts climbing on computer desk, slamming his toys down on the nice wood finish.
Must intercept, scold, reprimand.

7 minutes in; Damon still crying and whining from previous scolding.

Minute 10... almost done with 1 mile, and Damon demanding this, that or the other thing.

oh MY GOSH, is this mile going to end so I can pause the DVD and deal with this madness? Or maybe it's just me in my own madness thinking..well.... what exactly? How dare I try to workout with a 3 yr old on the lose.? Or at least THIS particular 3 yr old?!




I know, I know, this picture is cute, he looks so helpful and sweet. Dragging a beaten fish to his Daddy. Well, yeah, that was a different day. Daddy was here, we were out in nature, he was well within his limits to be free and run. Oh that we could go to that nice beach every day.

As I type he is trying to fit his swim goggles to above mentioned dog. Now my foot. Next..............who knows.
My prayer for the day...to get through it, while burning a few unwanted calories. For Damon to get through it without injury to himself or others, or too much damage to the house. May I have my wits about me, and not yell too much.

3 comments: